NRNA NCC of USA YOUTH LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
This award has been established with an intention to equip young leaders with tools and vision that will encourage transformative leadership and active community engagement. $1000 will be awarded to 4 individual recipients from 4 regions of USA during the academic year (non - renewable) . This program encourages student leadership and provides them support to attain their academic goals.
The Youth Leadership Scholarship will be awarded to college and university students of Nepali origin who exhibits outstanding leadership abilities through community service. This award is a $1000 cash award which is non-renewable for 4 individual recipients from 4 regions of USA during the academic year.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, students must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below:
- 1. Must be a legal resident - U.S. citizen, permanent resident, TPS or F1 student to meet the criteria.
- 2. Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a community college or 4-year college/university in USA.
- 3. Must have cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above.
- 4. Must have completed at least 30 credit hours towards his/her college degree.
Among others, we will primarily use the following criterion's to select the recipients:
- Leadership: This criteria includes, but is not limited to - represented Nepal within the college community to promote Nepali culture, engaged in community organizations, Nepali student organization or university/college organizations that work towards positively influencing others to give back to the communities.
- Academic ability and achievements: Priority will be given to those who have strong academic records and to those who have academic awards and honors.
Information and materials needed to apply:
Following documents are mandatory in addition to any other documents that the applicant deems necessary.
- 1. Completed and signed application form.
- 2. One major Leadership recommendation from organizations or clubs the applicant is associated with.
- 3. Major Leadership accomplishments - List at least 2 major activities the applicant has either organized or participated in. Indicate any special recognitions received for volunteering or leadership. ( if have any)
- 4. Copy of most recent unofficial transcript
- 5. Statement of Motivation.Connect your current academic & leadership journey to the goal of NRNA scholarship program.
- 6. Application will be graded and final decision will be made by the Selection Committee in coordination with Scholarship Committee based on academic standing,leadership accomplishment,recommendations, and personal statements.Applicants will be reviewed solely on information contained on the online form. Applications may not be revised after they are submitted. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the application is successfully submitted.
- 7. In case of discrepancies,final decision will be made by the Scholarship Committee.
- List information beginning with the most recent date first.**
- Application Opens: April 1, 2019.
- Application must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST May 15, 2019.
- For further questions, please contact NRNA Scholarship Committee.
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone : 469-987-0909
- The winner will be announced in July 15, 2019
We heartliy thank Dexpert Inc, a Dallas based IT Solution and Staffing Service Company for partnering with our mission.Your generous support has strengthen our program goal for this year. Your donation will support students to attain their educational goals and inspire them to give back to the community.
2019 Youth Leadership Scholarship Recipients
2018 Youth Leadership Scholarship Recipients